Posted on November 13 2018
There have been a number of changes to the Rules of Golf going into 2019. Below we have highlighted the most important.
2019 Rule Changes
1. Search time - Reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
2. Ball moved during search - Replace, no penalty
3. Embedded ball - Free relief anywhere through the course
4. Measuring a drop - Use longest club (except putter)
5. Dropping - Drop from knee height rather than shoulder
6. Taking stance on wrong green is not permitted
7. Ball unintentionally hits player of equipment - No penalty
8. Double hit - No penalty, now only counts as one stroke
9. Touching sand in bunker incidentally is permitted
10. Loose impediments can be removed anywhere including hazards
11. Dropping a ball out of bunker - 2 penalty strokes
12. Water hazards - Now called "penalty areas"
13. Touching ground in penalty area - No penalty
14. Ball moves on green after being marked - Replace without penalty
15. Ball accidentally moved on putting green - Replace without penalty
16. All damage to green can now be repaired
17. Positioning a club for alignment is not permitted
18. Caddie assisting with alignment is not permitted
19. Putting with flag stick in hole is now permitted
20. Ball wedged against flag stick and side of hole is deemed as holed
As you can see, there are some big changes to the rules of golf going into 2019. Let us know what you think by commenting on our post.